Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In And Out Of Love

Judging by the title of this post, you mere mortals out there are likely to think its abt my love life again rite? Wrong. Well, for once at least. There simply hasn't been anything in the least interesting or scandalous abt my social life for the past few mths. I guess can say from the time I started working. So much so that I resorted to blogging abt my love stories in NTU, and just when I tot I can get sth going with Miss C, it got quenched just as fast.

The past few days, I literally witnessed the demise of my buddy who fell out of love. The scene is eerily reminiscent of what happened 1 yr plus ago (not happened on me, it's happened on him as well), just maybe worse this time rd. He just can't help but to destroy his chances of getting back together at every opportunity he has. Not that I could have done any better if I was in his shoes. I went thru this before, and every attempt or stunt that I try to pull, it brings her further and further away from me and deeper and deeper into someone else's arms.

Cooling off period. Might as well call it break-up. Period. Ntg good has ever come out of a cooling-off period that I heard of. It is just an excuse to allow the party that wanted out to have time to get accustomed to singlehood again; during that time off which she can chose to go back to the guy if she dislikes the imminent singlehood, or to simply assimilate a single's lifestyle if she prefers it that way. Sounds unfair? Well, this IS unfair. This is life. The real world as I like to call it.

So many infamous quotes were thrown out during times of depressions like this. I only subscribe to 2 of them which I always tell my close frens who suffers from relationship break-ups.

Door of Happiness
"When the door of happiness closes on you, another opens. But often, we looked so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us"

Serenity Prayer
"God gave me the courage to change the things that I can, and the serenity to accept the things that I cannot, and the knowledge to tell the difference"

There's a even simpler one with only 3 words. Life goes on...
It might sound so damn cliched, but these 3 simple words reflects the truth so much that it
hurts.

Brother, this entry is for dedicated for you. You sms me the Door Of Happiness quote when I broke up with Min in 2001 and I remembered it till today. I hope you can put it to good use now. Get your feet back on the ground soon.

No comments: